Is a new craft magazine fueling your DIY decor obsession? Or maybe listening to knitting romances is making your studio time a little more steamy? Are you crazy about the latest Lotta Jansdotter sewing book? Or are you getting your amateur sleuth on with a tricky needlework mystery? And what about that TV show you’re watching just to ogle the knitting? From craft-genre chick lit to The Great British Sewing Bee, there’s just no denying it: handmade is hot when it comes to books, novels, movies, and magazines!
With so much making, crafting, and design in the media, there’s something out there for just about everyone. Are you in love with a stitching show or smitten with international crafting magazines? Did you design your own Lebowski sweater or knit something straight out of Downton Abbey? We want to hear about it! Join your hosts Barbara (@penguintrax) and Haley (@thezenofmaking) on Tuesday, May 21st from 2-3PM EST to talk about your crafty lit and media favorites.
On April 23 in honor of Earth Day, we had a fantastic chat about green crafting, recycling and upcycling. Click the link below to download a copy of the chat transcript.
April 23 2013 CraftSocial Transcript
Don’t forget to check out the wonderful craft ideas that were submitted to our Link Party and Giveaway. Fantastic ideas all around. Congratulations to Amanda Formaro of Crafts by Amanda – she was our big winner last month!
A big thank you to Random House and Potter Craft for providing books for the giveaway! Make sure you follow them on Twitter at @crafternews for even more crafty goodness!
Save the Date!
The next Craft Social will be Tuesday, May 21, 2013.
Topic will be announced soon.
Welcome to the Earth Week Craft Social giveaway!
For today’s Craft Social, Random House has generously provided two fabulous green crafting books for one lucky Socialite to win:
- Craft Activism: People, Ideas, and Projects from the New Community of Handmade and How You Can Join In
- Jewelry Upcycled! Techniques and Projects for Reusing Metal, Plastic, Glass, Fiber, and Found Objects
How to enter:
- To enter the giveaway, share a link to your own green and recycled craft projects in the link party above! (Limit: 2 entries per person, please.)
* Please note that a working email address is required, as the winner of the book set will be notified by email.
When does the giveaway end?
- The link party for this post will close FRIDAY, April 26th at 5pm EST.
The fine print:
- The winner of this giveaway will be chosen at random. If your entry is selected, Craft Social will contact you by email with instructions for claiming your prize.
- Due to shipping costs, this giveaway is open to USA residents only. (Sorry, international crafters!)
- Books for this giveaway were generously provided by Random House.
Good luck, Socialites!
A big thank you to Random House and Potter Craft for providing books for today's giveaway! Make sure you follow them on Twitter at @crafternews for even more crafty goodness!
Want to sponsor a giveaway for a future Craft Social? You can find our sponsor information here!